{Changing Mama into something better}


Sunday, February 5, 2012

ZUMBA- Join the Party!!!

Easter Sunday April 2011

Last May, I began doing an exercise class with Kim McCarroll. She started a Circuit Training Program, as she is a Certified Personal Trainer, and it has grown in popularity due to the amazing results women are seeing from adding cosistent exercise in their lives. My bff Julie McGinnis had been trying to convince me to start for a few months, but I waited until after I was finished with the Spring Semester of dance classes to begin. It was eye opening to find that I was "obese" according to my fat percentage of 33%. I weighed 170 lbs. at my last OB appointment in April 2011. This is about what I weighed at my last Prenatal Exam with Sasha. That made me feel awful. So, I began doing 3, 45 minute circuit classes a week, and (sort of) started eating better. In June, Kim added  Boot Camp after Circuit Training, so I got in 6, 45 minute workouts each week all Summer. I didnt loose a lot of weight, but at the end of the Summer I weighed 160 lbs., and my clothes fit differently.

Dan's Wedding August 2011

Then Zumba came along... and changed my life! All of the sudden, exercise was fun, and I was enthusiastic about being healthy, rather than having to force myself to do it. Thanks Kim! Love her. She went against her comfort zone, got certified, and started offering 3 classes a day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, in addition to her 2 Circuit Training classes on Mondays and Wednesdays. I also began doing a Personal Training Session weekly, and Kim had me do an intense workout tailored to my goals, and got me doing weight training to change my body shape. She also encouraged me to diet, and I began to see the pounds drop. Now, I weigh 143 lbs. and my fat percentage is down to 28.3%! I get in at least 8 workouts a week, and I also do Yoga on my own. I am feeling much better about myself, and I am a lot happier. My kids have even noticed! I intend to continue these new lifestyle changes and get down to 20% body fat. I don't care what my weight is if I reach that goal. I think I can do it by my 36th birthday: 1 year after starting this blog. How's that for a "Changement Mama"!   

January 30, 2012

1 comment: