{Changing Mama into something better}


Sunday, February 19, 2012

Let's try that again...

Can I get a do-over for last week? Things just didn't run as smoothly and perfectly in week two of dance classes. Some blunders that quickly come to mind: making a new student cry at my difficult choreography, a "tiny tutu" peeing her pants during class, an entire class unable to catch on to a seemingly simple waltz step, my daughter sitting out of  her tap class with a friend due to her inability to behave well, and my 3-year-old niece expressing her disdain at my boring and repetitive choreography. And then there was my attempt at teaching a Hip-Hop class. Oh my.

I am just hoping and praying that this week feels more successful. I am a hopeless "people pleaser" and I tend to take the disappointments of others to heart. I am working on this, as it often positively correlates with my self-esteem. I must remember: everyone will not always like me or like what I do and say. I need to be ok with this. I can only control my own actions and feelings. I can only do my best.

I sound pretty melodramatic and at the risk of this post being a total downer, I will try to make things more upbeat. Here's a thought: I was not a perfect ballet student as a child, and things didn't always go smoothly during the dance classes of my dance career. Example:


From this...

...to this.

Can't wait to see what she will become!

No comments:

Post a Comment