{Changing Mama into something better}


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Shopping...

Me: [To Maurices Sales personnel] Do you have any of these jeggings in a size Small?

Ha! I am a Small. Not an X-L. They were out of jeggings, so I got some jeans in a size 5/6, but the size 3/4 are almost fastenable.

I recently heard the expression "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". I believe it. I have discovered that junky, processed, fattening foods are not as important to me as previously thought. I have kept my caloric intake down, eaten mostly raw, natural foods, and for the most part, kept refined sugar out of my diet. It works. Couple that with regular exercise, and here comes skinny!!! I've lost 5 more pounds, and my body fat percentage went down almost 2%. As I near my ultimate goal, and see that it is actually attainable, I am ecstatic. I can do this. I can make a lifestyle change and stick to it. I feel more confident in trying other things that have been hard for me, and seemed impossible. For instance, getting out of debt, growing a garden, landscaping my yard, keeping my house clean for more than 2 days in a row, teaching hip-hop dance, and getting on a budget. I think I can do these things because I have already done something that felt impossible. (I have tears in my eyes: I'm such a nerd).

Another phrase I like: "My daily routine: get up, be amazing, go back to bed".

Yup!

No comments:

Post a Comment