{Changing Mama into something better}


Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cute Kids- making not so cute messes

My kids are so cute. SO CUTE!!! They are also smart, fun, well-behaved, and in general, wonderful to have around. Yes, sometimes their boundless energy gets to me, but that is usually my impatient self acting out. I know that I am lucky to be their Mother.

Shelton's 6th Birthday

I don't think I am always a perfect Mom, but I really do try to  be the best one I can be. One area that isn't always "perfect" is regarding the cleanliness of their bedrooms. (If you knew me as a kid, you might say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree). Thankfully, Shane took it upon himself to help Shelton seriously clean and organize his room recently, so I have been gearing up to help my girls do the same in their bedroom. OH...MY...GOSH!!! It was horrible. Sasha likes to dump out drawers, toy boxes, and scatter things, so it was mostly her doing, but Emma's clothes needed some serious help, too. We got it done after spending all of Saturday afternoon and evening in there. I threw away 8 trash bags full of broken, old toys, and trash. I was in one of those moods in which I throw away more than I should, but they just had too much stuff. Way more than they could handle, obviously. What really made me feel like the "Loser Housekeeper of the Year" was the 4 old shoes/boots that had lots of stored food in them. No, my girls aren't hoarding pretzels, chocolate chips, marshmellows, raisins, double bubble gum, smarties, and Valentine hearts from last year, that would be the mice that have been getting cozy under their bed and in the closet. I guess they felt comfortable doing so because these areas have been neglected for so long. Gross. Now I am kind of OCD with my resolve to clean every inch of this house and catch the mice. They are crafty and smart, and are not going for the traps so far. I know I will get them. I've caught many over the past 7 1/2 years of my life in Manassa. OK, Shane has caught them. Living in the country means living with mice, but I think I can keep things less cozy with these little critters by keeping the house immaculately clean. Wish me luck, because I hate housecleaning. BUT... I hate mice more, so things are about to get spotless.

No comments:

Post a Comment