{Changing Mama into something better}


Friday, May 4, 2012

Spring Break- Shopping With Sally-Mom

I was so excited for Sally-Mom to help me pick out new skinny clothes on this trip. Ecstatic! Even better, she and my Dad wanted to get me some nice basic items for my birthday. We got most of my beautiful clothes from Ann Taylor and Talbots, and I got a few pairs of shoes at Nordstrom. So fun! Trying on clothes in the fitting rooms of these stores with my Mom and daughter, Emma, was a blast, and I loved having them there to confirm my feelings on what looked the best.

Such a great helper!

Why is it so fun to shop with Sally-Mom? I think there are many reasons, from her sparkling personality, to her desire to buy things for other people, to her impeccable taste... but it just might have a lot to do with her shopping angels. What are shopping angels, you ask? Sally-Mom will explain that they are the angels that follow her around, and help her find unique, totally perfect, sometimes a very good deal type items while she shops. Sometimes she will get this feeling, and when she does, she knows that she just has to go to TJ Maxx, Home Goods or The Norstrom Rack. What joy she feels when the perfect item that has been void from life is there, and at a good, discounted price! "Thank you, Shopping Angels," she happily laughs as she finds a few more fantastic deals.

See! Even boys can find deals at TJMaxx. Dad, Shane, & Jason.

One of my favorite, amazingly perfect deals on this shopping spree was a pair of Via Spiga shoes from the Nordstrom Rack. I love when I find a pair of gorgeous and completely wonderful shoes there, and then walk over to where Sally-Mom is contemplating a purchase, to hear her excited cheers for my great find. She might say, "Jenny, you HAVE to get these shoes! They are DARLING!" And I am usually pretty easy to convince, because she has validated my opinion. The shoes have a tall black patent platform (so, a Summer shoe) and the toe and heel are in a leopard print fur. Super cute and sexy, and perfect with my new black dress from Talbots (size 4, Baby!) When we were looking them over at home, we were thrilled to find a sticker inside that read: "Real, dyed calf fur from China." Wow! Real calf fur made to look like leopard fur. (wth?) Sally-Mom warned that I should be careful wearing them, because of her experiences wearing real fur coats and expensive genuine leather when those crazy animal lovers are around. I told her not to worry, I live in a place where no one will care about dyed calf fur. ;)


My new ensemble. That gold bracelet was a splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment