{Changing Mama into something better}


Monday, May 7, 2012

Wearing Rain Gear and Hoping for Rainbows

I love when I participate in a Stake-wide fast with hundreds of Latter-day Saints, praying for a single purpose. Our Stake President had asked all of us during Stake Conference a few weeks ago to fast for moisture in our drought-ridden San Luis Valley, on the next Fast Sunday, so I went about my day with a prayer in my heart for that specific purpose. Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day, and Shane commented on how low the water level was and that we may not even get our "beach" of water next to the house. (Every Spring, it is a tradition for us to host a "Beach Party" with family and friends when the irrigation water approaches our house). While praying I wondered if it was still possible for the water level to increase enough to water the crops and fields that so many of my family and friends need to sustain their livelihood.

The area we live in happens to be home of many faithful Saints, and our fasts do not go unanswered. This morning was no exception, and when I opened the front door to take Emma and Shelton to school, I was greeted with a Spring rain, the first one of this season. "Rain!" the kids yelled excitedly, as they ran outside and looked up towards the sky, letting the faint drops moisten their smiling faces. Shelton immediately remembered that it was FINALLY time to use his Lightning McQueen umbrella that he got last August while we were doing our Back to School shopping. Unfortunately, the unused umbrella was broken, not unlike many umbrellas we have owned that are never actually used to keep rain at bay. This made me think of some pictures I took of Sasha during Winter Break with an umbrella that has also been prematurely broken.


Sasha is so sweet in her Gymboree outfit that Mommy gave her for a Christmas present.
Perhaps today, she will enjoy the rain in her rain boats, and be able to see a rainbow stretch across the sky above our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment