{Changing Mama into something better}


Friday, November 9, 2012

Manassa 1st Ward Halloween Trunk-or-Treat

Here I am, dressed as Sandy, from Grease.

A few years ago, I thought it would be fun to dress as Sandy for Halloween, but opted against it because I was a little too overweight to pull it off. Shane had a HUGE crush on Sandy (Olivia Newton-John) as a young lad, and so I had to be at my best in order to surprise him with the ultimate Halloween treat. This year, I figured I might as well go for it, and I dressed up as the "Bad-Girl Sandy" instead of a Kitty Cat, like I've been dressing as for the past 11 years. When we arrived at the Ward Trunk-or-Treat, I was delighted to find Danny Zuko there!

 Sandy & Danny!
(Jenny & Luke Anderson)

The kids had been so excited for this night when they could finally wear their Halloween costumes and get lots of candy. We were blessed with wonderful weather on this October night, and enjoyed the party as the Stake Pavilion, until the sun went down, and the cold set in. There were hot dogs, doughnuts, and hot chocolate to snack on while the kids played games and earned prizes.

MARIO! Shelton was a perfect Mario, with sound effects and actions that perfectly mimicked his favorite video game character.

Sasha was a lovely Rapunzel in her pretty, pink ballet dress, and a Tangled wig.

Emma & Chico
Emma, a Pirate Wench, and Chico, a Jack-o-Lantern.
And check out Emma's new braces!!!

Sasha poses with her friend, Corbyn Thomas, a Candy Corn Witch.

Mario gets spooky!


What a fun night! We decorated our Zombie Van for the Trunk-or-Treating, and had spooky Halloween music blasting for all to hear. Thriller, Monster Mash, and music from The Nightmare Before Christmas, were enjoyed by all. Shane didn't make it to the party, after all. He was supposed to get off of work at 5, but got held up, as he often does. Afterwards, we went home and watched Grease so that the kids could see who Sandy was. They liked the movie a lot, but didn't think I looked like Sandy. Not one bit. Emma asked if I would be dressing up as Sandy for the next 11 years, and I told her that I wasn't sure, but that I thought it was a good idea. "A 40-year-old Sandy?" she questioned with a very surprised look on her face. Oh, well. I tried, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment