{Changing Mama into something better}


Sunday, May 6, 2012

2012- Happy New Year!!!

It's already May, and I am wondering where 2012 has gone, already? So, I thought I would reminisce about the start of the year, and see how I am doing with my New Year's resolutions.

Here is Emma, welcoming in the New Year wearing her new sweater, and a pair of 2012 glasses that may make you think at first glance that we are celebrating 2002. I don't think that the "1" works very well, but we thought they were fun.

Cute girls are ready to party!!!
Papa & Sally-Mom were visiting, and offered to take the kids out to dinner (McDonald's) and a movie (Chipwrecked) while Shane and I had some friends over for a little New Year's fun.
Sally-Mom was a big help before the party: cleaning and preparing food items.

A few weeks before, my friend, Julie, and I decided it would be fun to have a New Year's Party to get together with friends. I offered our house, and we delivered invitations to 12 couples that we thought would enjoy a night away from the kids. Because so many people where we live usually spend New Year's Eve with family, we planned to have the party on New Year's Eve Eve. On the invitation, we specified that they need only respond with a regret, and by the end of the week, we had heard from most of the couples. A little disappointed that so few could make it, but grateful for our besties who would be there, we went on with our plans.

Julie & Shane McGinnis
Winners of our Newlywed game!
Jenny & Shane
Need to spend a little more time getting to know each other;)
Kent & Melissa Mortensen
I think they may have had a fight after playing The Newlywed game. Oops!

(Not pictured: Ginger & Austin Thomas- had to get home to the baby-sitter).

No comments:

Post a Comment